Tìm hiểu các ngành đào tạo của Học viện Ngoại giao năm 2022
Signing Ceremony for Cooperation and Exchange Agreement between DAV and Vietnam Airlines
On April 15th 2022, the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV) collaborated with Vietnam Airlines to organize a "Signing Ceremony for Cooperation and Exchange Agreement between the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam and Vietnam Airlines". The ceremony aims to promote and streamline training with recruitment, offering various opportunities for the DAV students to intern and experience a real working environment.
English Faculty organized workshop on “Writing a Diary: Applying Positive Psychology in Life and Study”
Special Talk on “Vietnam - U.S. Economic Relations”
JTP - DAV & VUW
JTP - DAV & Flinders
With a history of more than 60 years, the Department of International Politics & Diplomacy (DIPD) is one of Vietnam’s leading BA Programmes in International Relations.
The programme aims to equip students with both in-depth knowledge of various aspects of international relations and practical diplomatic skills, in order to facilitate their future career ambitions. Our faculty members are leading scholars and policy experts who bring to the classroom their real-world experience as ambassadors and diplomats in a variety of assignments with Vietnamese embassies around the world.
Real-world Diplomatic Experience
Students at DIPD have opportunities to participate in important international events organized in Vietnam, such as the APEC Summits, ASEAN Summits, the 2019 North Korea – US Hanoi Summit, etc..
All faculty members are foreign-trained scholars, many of whom have served as ambassadors and senior diplomats.
In addition to practical training in diplomat- ic protocol, students are also encouraged to develop research skills, a solid command of a foreign language, team working habits, as well as other skills thanks to various stu- dents clubs, such as the DAV-Debate Club, Model U.N, or Galileo.
CORE COURSES AND AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
- History of International Relations
- International Relations Theory
- Vietnam’s Foreign Policy
- Diplomatic Protocol
- Multilateral Diplomacy
- Contemporary International Politics
- Analysis of International Events
- International Security Studies
- Regional Studies
Minor in English
- GeneralEnglish Pronunciation in Use
Major in English
English and American Literatures
- Anglo-AmericanCountryStudies English Grammar
- PhoneticsandPhonology Pragmatics
- Translationtheories Translation
Elective subjects for English major (Students select one out of the following two subjects)
- Translation Interpretation
Professional/soft skill subjects
- Presentation Critical Thinking
- Negotiation Academic writing
Graduation paper/ESP examinations
International Communication is one of the most attractive programmes offered at the DAV
An International Communication Major was first established and began recruiting students in 2010. The objective of the programme is to train high- quality human resources in the field of international communication to meet the social needs requirements of Vietnam, as well as in the world as a whole.
THE CONTENT OF THE IC BACHELOR PROGRAMME
The programme consists of 120 credits, which is both compulsory and optional. In detail:
International Communication subjects (Focusing on journalism and mass communication)
Are designed for those who want to become journalists, media experts and practitioners in media organisations and other journalism outlets. The main subjects taught are: Language of Journalism, Types of Journalism (Print, Radio, Television and Online Journalism), Introduction to International Communication, International Communication in Practice, Multimedia, Media Research Methods, Media Audiences, Communication and International Relations Study.
Public Relations subjects
Are designed for those who want to become PR experts and practitioners, event organisers. Main subjects include: Public Relations, PR Strategy Planning, Crisis Management in Communication and Public Relations, Event Organisation and Management; PR and Media Product Design; PR Proposals, Planning and Pitching. Students will be mentored to implement proposals in practice, during and after studying.
Cultural Diplomacy subjects
Are designed for those who want to become experts in diplomatic organisations, culture and media experts in government or NGOs. Main subjects are: Cultural Diplomacy, Media and External Information, Cultural Diplomacy in Practice, Intercultural Communication, Globalisation and Culture.
Priority skills for students in these fields include writing articles, complex problem solving, teamwork, people management skills, critical thinking, professional presentation skills, negotiation and creativity skills.
- DAV International Communication Bachelor’s degree graduates will be able to adapt perfectly not only to Vietnam’s dramatically and rapidly changing labour market but also to the challenges of the globalised world.
- Working in a suitable position with good salary after graduation, or moving on to a higher degree are two of the main trends after graduation.
- Graduates are well positioned to also pursue study pathways overseas, in countries such as the UK, the US, Australia, Japan, and the EU.
There are various job opportunities available for graduates:
- Working as journalists, editors, MCs for the press agencies and the international communication organisations.
- Working as media experts, public relations experts, event organisers in governmental organisations, NGOs, or private enterprises.
- Working as media researchers, media analysts, and freelance writers.
- Working as start-up founders in media industry.
The degree of Bachelor in International Law is offered by the International Law Faculty.
The programme is designed to provide foundational and specialized knowledge as well as basic skills in several areas of international law. Our faculty members include accomplished scholars who have graduated from prestigious universities and institutes in the US, the UK, Canada, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and New Zealand. Additionally, international law students enjoy many opportunities to acquire practical experience with legal practitioners in the public sector as well as private law firms. The programme also integrates extracurricular activities such as moot court activities, field trips or internships in order to better equip students with the skills required for pursuing a productive and successful career.
CORE COURSES AND AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
Major in Public International Law
- Public International
- Law International Law of Treaties
Law of International Organisations
- International Law of the Sea
- International Human Rights Law
Major in International Economic Law
- International Economic Law
- International Trade Law
- International Investment Law
Advanced international law courses
All advanced international law courses for hon- ours classes are fully taught in English.
Moot court activities
Students regularly participate in various re- gional and international competitions, such as the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, the Asia Cup International Law Moot, the FDI Moot, the IHL Moot, or the Willem C. Vis Moot.
Senior students can apply for a one-semester exchange programme at the University of New South Wales (Australia).
The programme includes courses designed to improve students’skills in moot court activi- ties, negotiating treaties or lawyering
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND ALUMNI SUCCESS
Having acquired the requisite legal knowledge and skills throughout the four-year programme, graduates find positions with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, law firms, corporations, as well as various institutes of higher education in Viet Nam and abroad. The International Law Alumni Community was established in 2012. Open to all graduates from the Faculty, it provides a forum for sharing job opportunities and for academic exchanges.
The Faculty of International Economics of the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam offers a unique training major in International Economics. This major has two concentrations: International Trade and International Finance. The major of International Economics provides students knowledge of International Economics, Economic Diplomacy, International Trade, and International Finance, etc.
The Programme is designed to help students master basic knowledge on economics and diplomacy; acquire critical thinking skills about economy and diplomacy; develop an expertise in international economics; and strengthen their capacity to use effectively one or more foreign languages, including English, French, and Chinese.
Students have the opportunity to acquire basic knowledge in general international economics as well as in more specialized sub-fields, such as economic diplomacy, international trade and finance, foreign economic policies, economic integration, international investment, etc.
Students will strengthen their capacity to analyse economic and political issues, participate in policy- making, and deal with economic and diplomatic issues. In addition, students will acquire the necessary qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to be able to make economic, commercial, and financial forecasts.
Established in 1977, the Faculty of International Economics was initially tasked with training foreign economic officials for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Party, and State agencies. Following Vietnam’s international economic integration, the Faculty now also trains businesses and organisations in many different fields.
The teaching staffs of the Faculty hold advanced degrees from leading foreign universities and have extensive experience in economics and diplomacy.
The Faculty plays a leading role in the development of innovating teaching methods. In addition, as members of the DAV, students have the opportunity acquire knowledge in international negotiations, politics, international law, foreign languages and cultures, and the skills necessary to work in an international environment.
All courses are highly practical and give students the opportunity to reach their full potential.
While studying in a professional, dynamic, and creative learning environment, students of the FOIE also have the opportunity to participate in specific annual activities of the Faculty, such as FOIE Tournament and the Lan Thuong- Mekong competition.
In addition, students participate in numerous activities organised by the DAV and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, such as Blood Donation, Green Summer, Exchange papers for trees, as well as help conduct major celebration days and important diplomatic events, such as the 2015 IPU Conference, the 2017 APEC Summit, the 2019 US-Korea Summit, and the 2020 ASEAN Conference 2020.
- Development Economics
Foreign Economic Relations
- International Economic Relations
- International Marketing
- Business Administration
- International Payment
- Probability and Statistics
- Geographical Economics
THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
The Bachelor programme in English aims to train and provide the labour market with employees who are proficient in English in such areas as diplomacy, external relations, translation, interpretation, communication and media, and who can work as assistants to senior officials in government agencies, international organisations, or domestic and foreign companies. The programme is designed to equip students with a comprehensive system of knowledge including:
(1) General knowledge and professional standards
(2) Fundamental theories of the English language, especially as applied to translation, interpretation, and specialised English for International Relations, International Economics, International Law, International Communications
(3) Professional skills and other soft skills, such as negotiation, presentation, debate, management and leadership as well as research
Students are given numerous opportunities to use their knowledge and skills in real settings such as diplomatic events and international conferences (Summits, APEC, ASEAN, FRANCOPHONE, IPU, etc.).
Students are assigned to work as assistants, com- munication facilitators, translators in events held in Vietnam attended by international scholars.
Students can participate in overseas events, such as international conferences and competitions.
Students are offered internships in international corporations and organisations
Students are well-prepared to fulfil the requirements and expectations of the labour market in terms of political awareness, professional ethics and stan- dards, specialised knowledge and practical skills.
- Job opportunities upon graduation:
- Diplomatic officer
- External relations officer
- Director’s assistant
- Business officer, HR officer, communications officer, public relations officers in domestic and foreign corporations
- Programme and project officer in international organisations
- Translator and interpreter in international organisations
- English teacher
JTP - DAV & VUW
THE JOINT TRAINING PROGRAMME (JTP) BETWEEN THE DIPLOMATIC ACADEMY OF VIETNAM & VICTORIA UNIVERSITY OF WELLINGTON
- The Joint training Programme has been licensed by the Ministry of Education and Training and operated under permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2011. The Joint training Programme has been assessed as a Programme of the highest quality and vigour;
- Majors: International Relations, Political Science and Media.
- Training Duration: 3 years, divided into two stages of 1.5 years in Vietnam and 1.5 years in New Zealand. In addition, depending on the selection of subjects prescribed by Victoria University of Wellington , qualified students can be awarded a dual bachelor's degree
- Language of teaching: English;
- With the necessary qualifications and skills, students will be able to achieve their ambition of a meaningful and fulfilling career. Dynamic learning environment helps students develop good soft skills. Students attain a position in any profession related to cooperation with other countries which requires an understanding of world of politics, international relations, English language and diplomatic Protocol.
- A number of alumni of the Programme are currently working at State agencies (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Planning and Investment), private enterprises and international organizations. A number of students continue to pursue master's degrees at Victoria Wellington (students of the Programme with a GPA at B or higher will receive a scholarship worth 15% of tuition fees). Some of the graduates will choose to stay in NZ to gain more working experience as well as income.
REGISTER FOR INFORMATION: Here
JTP - DAV & Flinders
THE JOINT TRAINING PROGRAMME (JTP) BETWEEN THE DIPLOMATIC ACADEMYOF VIETNAM & FLINDER UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
- Majors: Bachelor of language
- Education duration: 3 years, divided into two stages of 2 years in Vietnam and 1 year in Australia (Students who wish to transfer to Flinders University after one year studying in DAV will be permitted).
- Language of teaching: English
- Degree: awarded by Flinders University
Graduates from this programme are offered favorable advantages in applying for jobs in Australia and other countries around the world. Dynamic learning environment in DAV and Flinders University helps students develop good soft skills.
Students can be recruited into jobs related to foreign cooperation, foreign language teaching, international trade, finance and commerce in the diplomatic missions or translation and interpretation centers, etc.
Students will be assisted with internships and career connections.
Students will have an opportunity to have practical internship during their studies and be able to work immediately after graduation.
Register to receive more information: Here